Monday, February 18, 2013

Guest bedroom


We have three bedrooms.  This one is the smallest.  It's still a pretty good sized room though.  Of course it doesn't look like this now. 



 It looks like this now (sort of. I've added more):




 The bed is an antique my nana gave me.  I painted it Fern by Rustoleom.  I love spray painting. The dresser was $5 from a yard sale.  It was a sad piece of furniture.  Cigarette burns on the top and really dirty.  But a good sanding and some good paint made it look brand new.  (still drying in these pictures.  That rug that you really can't see but really is there came from Kohls.  Now, I'm not a big fan of Khols because they are so expensive, but I do find really good bargains in there from time to time.  Like this rug.  It was clearanced for $3.  I had looked at it when it was still $20+ and decided I didn't like it that much.  Now, I love it.  And the paper lanterns?  $6 each at Target. I'm having a time getting them to hang right though.  We don't get along.
The picture above the bed is a smashed fairy.  I love fairies.  It came from a calendar.  There are other fairies in that room now too. And that little tiny table beside the bed was $1 from a yard sale (duh).  It was laminate so I was worried about painting it, but it came out great and is still great!  And all the bedding was only about $25.  Down comforter, sheets, and two throws.  Clearance items!  Remember those sheets.  You will see them again!
The bird cage was a couple dollars at a yard sale too.  Again we painted it fern and stuck a yard sale bird in it.  I love this bird cage.  It i so cute! 



No comments:

Post a Comment