Monday, July 5, 2010

Weenie Roast

Tonight we entertained our taste buds with some delicious hickory roasted hot dogs. With the fourth of July now behind us, it feels like summer is almost over! I'm still not used to this four seasons crap. I like Florida's seasons - Summer and January.

Anyway, we pulled out our little fire pit, skewered some hot dogs and got to roasting. I made a hot dog for Patrick and he didn't like it. It was black. No one said I could cook. And I enjoy my hot dogs cajun style.

The fire was too hot to stay by it for long so we ate on the deck with our man made breeze blowing past us (Nana bought an out door fan - great investment!). I fished a spider out of my drink and dripped ketchup everywhere.

As I don't like smores, we skipped the chocolate and graham crackers and went straight for the marshmallows! I always thought I could eat an entire bag of marshmallows but after six, I was ready to vomit. I decided to slowly toast them to a warm brown instead of burning them like I usually do. I missed the charcoaly taste though.

The pyro's in us came alive after we finished eating. We tried to burn many things. The trash went first. Then the left over onions. Then the basil growing on the deck. If you have never tried burning basil, do it! It smelt so good. I decided we were having a gourmet fire.

Until next time...The Magniloquent Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment